Monday, April 26, 2010

OKC Memorial Marathon and other exciting news

Before the race
After the race.

I have had an absolutely incredible week! Yesterday I ran the 1/2 marathon in the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon. That is 13.1 miles for those of you who don't know and that is FAR! I stopped training a couple of months ago at 5 miles and paid dearly during the race. I made it though, just under my goal (that I set during the race) of 3 hours. My first goal set during the race was to never stop running (and by running I mean jogging slowly) but that was a terrible plan and it after 5 miles I abandoned it. So now I am done and have zero plans of repeating that brutal activity again.



David got the official word that he was accepted into the study abroad program this summer so WE (I get to go too) will be spending the month of July in.... China! YAY! I am so excited to experience the culture there and see the Great Wall. Maybe we will pick up a couple of words in their language to bring back with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment